by Ella Perryman on October 20th, 2017
Whilst we love drinking our tea in the conventional way, there’s more to our trusted tea leaves then just adding hot water. And with the festive period looming ever closer, we’re starting to get into the celebrating spirit. To accompany our newly launched Home Cocktail Bundle, we have tried and tested these 3 simple to shake tea cocktails.
Spiced Chai Whiskey
Whilst Chai tastes delicious on it’s own, its aromatic flavours of ginger, cinnamon, orange peel, peppercorns and cardamom are even better when infused as a cocktail. This simple recipe is easy to make at home, and will have you charming your guests throughout the festive season.
To make enough cocktails for 6 guests, you’ll need
10g Canton Chai loose leaf
250ml Whole milk or almond milk
85ml Bourbon or Rye Whiskey
Cinnamon powder or sticks
Slices of orange
- Infuse the whiskey with loose leaf Chai, and leave overnight.
- In the morning, strain the whiskey and chai infusion into a separate bowl.
- Heat the milk in a pan, over moderate heat.
- Once simmering, add the chai infused whiskey and mix together.
- After a couple of minutes, remove from heat and pour into glasses.
- To serve hot, simply add garnishings of cinnamon powder and a slice of orange.
- To serve cold, pop the liquor into the fridge and serve with ice when ready.
Lychee and Rose Martini
Adding syrups to cocktails is becoming ever more popular, however not all of us want to overdose on sugar over the christmas period. Instead, you can use our lychee and rose noir flavoured black tea leaves to create a deliciously sweet and naturally floral martini.
What you’ll need for 4 cocktails
400ml Rose Water
- Infuse the vodka with the tea leaves, and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and strain the liquor to remove all tea leaves.
- In a cup or cocktail shaker, mix all of the ingredients together.
- Shake well.
- Pour the liquor into your cocktail glasses, and serve with ice then garnish with lychees (individual preference).
Jasmine Pearls Gin
Our gorgeous Jasmine Pearls are packed full with natural floral oils and sweet citrus flavour notes. When infused in gin, these pearls unfurl to make a beautifully bright and refreshing tipple.
Ingredients for 4 cocktails
10g Jasmine pearls
4 tsp honey mixed with warm water
Egg white from 3 large eggs
112 ml Soda
Sprigs of rosemary
- Start by infusing the gin with jasmine pearls, and leave for an hour.
- Once infused, strain the Jasmine Gin to get a smooth golden liquor.
- Mix the Jasmine Gin with lemon juice, honey syrup and egg white.
- Stir in the soda and add ice. Mix again.
- To finish, garnish with rosemary or lemon wedges.
Our Home Cocktail Selection bundle contains all of the teas you need to make these 3 simple tea cocktails. If you have any ideas for tea cocktails or have a recipe of your own, let us know. We are always excited to try new tea tipples!