Adding to Cart
Please wait while we update your cart...
Failed to Add to Cart
Successfully Added to CartContinue to Checkout
Updating one moment please...
Wa Dang Yixing Teapot
Wa Dang Yixing TeapotA handmade Yixing tea pot in the classic shape based on ancient Chinese roof tiles.
This gorgeous teapot has a big, wide open mouth and is a neat, fast pourer which makes it ideal for puerh. Crafted from fine Pin Zi Ni clay, it has the potter’s seal (chop mark) on the base, under the handle and inside the lid.
- Every teapot is an authentic piece made from ‘zisha’ (purple clay) from the Yixing region.
- Never use detergent on your Yixing teapot, just rinse it with water.
- With time and frequent use, it develops a beautiful patina on the outside - and inside is said to absorb the flavour of the tea leaves.
- In China they are cradled in the hands and caressed like a ‘little pet’.
- They are highly valued within the family and handed down through the generations.
Read about how to season and look after your Yixing teapot in Canton Tea SchoolThis teapot measures approximately 6cm in height and 13 in width
|Potter||Gao Jian Jun|
|Type of Clay||Pin Zi Ni|
|Pouring Time||+/- 6 secs|
|Tea Pairing||Puerh/black tea/red tea/white tea|
Embodiment of perfectionReview by harry
I've seen a few yixing teapots in my time and can fairly say this has been the best one I've had.
Thanks Canton! (Posted on 6/20/12)
Elegance and qualityReview by Tudor
I assigned it the shu pu erh task :) And, from the first brewing (after seasoning), I felt the difference!
Very nice piece for 4-6 persons tea session. (Posted on 10/2/10)
A great piece of kitReview by Spoonbill